DepEd Order 29 s 2021 – Alapan 1 Elementary School
Minister, Basic, Higher, and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
State/Local Universities and Colleges Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the School Calendar and Activities for School Year (SY) 2021-2022, in accordance with its commitment to learning continuity amidst the health crisis.
- Pursuant to RA 11480 (An Act Amending Section 3 of RA No. 7797, otherwise known as “An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More Than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days”), President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, upon the recommendation of the DepEd Secretary, has approved September 13, 2021, as the opening date of the SY 2021-2022. The school year shall consist of 209 school days, inclusive of Saturdays and the five-day midyear break, and shall end on June 24, 2022.
- With the compressed school year, the conduct of distance learning activities for learners on Saturdays is authorized. Should religious considerations prevent activities on a Saturday, they may be conducted on a Sunday. Nonetheless, teachers will not be required to render service on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The conduct of face-to-face classes, whether in partial or full scale, will not be allowed unless permitted by the Office of the President.
- The Alternative Learning System (ALS) learning intervention shall formally open on the same date while the program duration will depend on the learner’s educational background or existing knowledge level prior to enrolling in the ALS program.
- Private schools and state/local universities and colleges (SUCs / LUCs ) have the choice to implement or deviate from this School Calendar. Moreover, they may begin classes no earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than September 13 2021 pursuant to RA 11480. Nevertheless, any deviation from the school calendar shall be reported to the respective Regional Offices (ROs ) in advance.
- The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2021-2022 School Calendar and Activities are provided in Enclosure No. 1.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations/ activities and holidays other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 2 and 3, provided that the activities are beneficial to the teaching-learning process and that the total number of class days shall not be compromised. Regional Offices may issue supplemental calendars to reflect their local events.
- In preparation for the opening of classes, Brigada Eskwela and Oplan Balik Eskwela shall be conducted, focusing on information campaigns and strengthening partnerships that complement the Department’s effort to ensure quality basic education.
- This DepEd Order shall take effect immediately upon issuance, and shall be registered with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR).
- For any clarifications or inquiries, please contact the Office of the Director IV, Bureau of Learning Delivery 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Aven u e, Pasig City through email at email@example.com or telephone numbers (02) 8636-6540 or (02) 8637 -43 47 .
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Source: DepEd Order 29 s 2021, DO_s2021_029.pdf (deped.gov.ph))