DO 22 s 2023 | IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON THE SCHOOL CALENDAR AND ACTMTIES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2023-2024
Bureau and Service Directors
Minister, Basic, Higher and Technical Education, BARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
State/Local Universities and College Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Implementing Guidelines on the School Calendar and Activities for the School Year (SY) 2023- 2024 to enable schools and community learning centers (CLCs) to implement school activities and maximize instructional time in cognizance of the goals and objectives of the DepEd MATATAG Agenda effectively and efficiently.
- Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 11480, otherwise known as An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More Than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days, the SY 2023-2024 shall formally open on Tuesday, August 29, 2023, and end on Friday, June 14, 2024, inclusive of the End-of-School Year (EOSY) Rites.
- For the Alternative Learning System (ALS), learning intervention shall formally open on the same date as the public formal basic education, August 29, 2023. The program duration shall depend on the learners’ individual learning agreements based on the results of the pre-assessments and the recognition of their prior learning.
- Private schools and state/local universities and colleges may adopt these omnibus implementing guidelines on the school calendar and shall follow the provisions stipulated under RA 11480 concerning the required number of class days and the opening of the SY. Schools shall report any inevitable deviation from these guidelines in advance to their respective regional offices (ROs).
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations, and provisions, which are inconsistent with these guidelines are repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect upon its approval, issuance, and publication on the DepEd website. Certified copies of this Order shall be registered with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines Law Center (UP LC), UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DO 22 s 2023 School Calendar and Activities for 2023-2024DO_s2023_022-3-15-1
Download DO 22 s 2023 | IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES ON THE SCHOOL CALENDAR AND ACTMTIES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2023-2024, click here.