DO 21 s 2023 Brigada Eskwela 2023
Bureau and Service Directors
Minister, Basic, Higher, and Technical Education, BARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education sets this year’s Brigada Eskwela on August 14- 19, 2023.
- The Brigada Eskwela (BE) is a nationwide school maintenance program that engages all education stakeholders to contribute their time, efforts, and resources in ensuring that public schools are all set in time for class opening. It is a six-day event where local communities, parents, alumni, civic groups, local businesses, non governmental organimtions (NGOs), private individuals, and even teachers and students volunteer their time and skills for the conduct of clean-ups, minor to medium repairs, and maintenance work in classrooms and within the school site.
- With the issuance of Presidential Proclamation No. 297, dated July 21, 2023, lifting the State of Public Health Emergency throughout the Philippines due to COVID- 19, all prior orders, memoranda, and issuances that are effective only during the State of Public Health Emergency shall be deemed withdrawn, revoked, or cancelled and shall no longer be in effect. All COVID-19 restrictions including but not limited to the wearing of face masks and distancing are lifted.
- The Guidelines on the Implementation of Brigada Eskwela for School Year 2023- 2024 are enclosed.
- All regions and schools divisions are instructed to provide intensive and extensive support to school heads.
- This DepEd Order shall take effect upon its approval, issuance, and publication on the DepEd website. Certified copies of this Order shall be registered with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines Law Center (UP LC), UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DO 21 s 2023 Brigada Eskwela 2023DO_s2023_021-3-12
Download 2023 BRIGADA ESKWELA IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES | DO 21 s 2023, click here.